Beverage Services QQI Level 5 – Castlebar Campus
This award will equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to serve a range of beverages independently under supervision.
Learners will be able to:
- Identify the main brands of Irish and international spirits, beers and liqueurs, popular aperitifs, digestifs, cocktails, specialty teas and coffees
- List the principal classes of red, white and rosé wines, key wine producing countries
- Organise wine stores, beverage stores and cold rooms to ensure that all stock is stored appropriately.
- Serve the full range of alcoholic, non alcoholic beverages and garnishes in a licensed premises including the correct procedure for serving a range of food and accompaniments.
- Use current technology including electronic ordering, EPOS (electronic point of sale equipment), table management systems, methods of payment and till systems
October: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
November: 10th, 17th, 24rd
December: 1st, 8th, 15th
January: 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
February: 2nd, 9th
Examination fee of €20 is payable for non medical card holders for certification of the course. If you have a valid medical card you will be exempt from the examination fee but a copy of this must be emailed on application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 6th October @ 6.30pm