This course prepares the student for the vibrant, creative and challenging world of fashion. The course promotes awareness of current fashion industry trends, along with an understanding of the importance of good presentation skills.
- Pattern Drafting 6N1393
- Design Skills 6N3446
- Garment Construction 6N3605
- Work Experience 6N1946
- Communications 6N1950
- Drawing 6N3569
- Fashion Styling 6N3608
This is a full-time one-year course which runs from September to May.
- Fashion Design Level 5 QQI Award, or equivalent
- Mature applicants with relevant experience are welcome
Entry is subject to interview.
There are no fees to study this course.
Fashion Design, Image Consultancy, Fashion Illustration, Millinery, Design Management, Fashion Styling, Retail, Merchandising, Buying, Trend Forecasting and Costume Design for Film, Theatre and Television.
Successful graduates of this course are eligible to progress into Third Level Colleges in Ireland, the UK and abroad:
- Dublin Institute of Technology – Visual Merchandising
- IADT (Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art Design and Technology) – Costume Design
- Limerick Institute of Further Education – Fashion /Fashion Knitwear and Textiles BA(Hons) 3 year
- The National Tailoring Academy at Louis Copeland
- Griffith College, Dublin
- The University of Ulster – BA Hons Textile Art, Design and Fashion
- Istituto Marangoni the School of Fashion and Design, London