Successful completion of this course will result in a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Engineering Technology
- Computer-Aided Draughting 2D
- Engineering Workshop Theory
- Safety & Health at Work
- Engineering Workshop Processes
- Work Experience
This is a full-time one-year course which runs from September to May.
A Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent is required, although exceptions are given to mature students who are over 23 years of age. Entry is subject to interview.
Once you have applied online you will be called for an interview within a few weeks. QQI examination fees cost €50, although Medical Card holders are exempt from paying this fee on production of a valid medical card. Books and essential class materials may also be required. A Student Services fee of €100 also applies.
Engineering careers in healthcare, design, communications, manufacturing, food production, power generation and transport are some of the industries that graduates of engineering work in.
Further Courses of Study
- TU DUBLIN (TALLAGHT CAMPUS):
- Higher Certificate in Electronic and Information Engineering Level 6 (TU605) Higher Certificate in Mechanical Engineering Level 6 (TU606)
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering Level 7 (TU725)
- BSc in Electronic Engineering Level 7 (TU726)
- BSc Hons. In Mechanical Engineering (TU828)
- TU DUBLIN (CITY CAMPUS):
- BSc In Biosciences (TU751)
- Civil Engineering (TU704)
- BSc in Engineering (Common Entry TU708)
- BSc Hons in Electrical Services & Energy management (TU802)
- BSc. Engineering (Common entry MH304)
- BSc in Product Design (MH305)
- IT CARLOW:
- BSc Aircraft Systems (CW507)
- BSc. Biomedical Electronics (CW577)